Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Never met a quilter I didn't like.

I can honestly say that I’ve never met a quilter I didn’t like. As a whole, you will never meet a nicer group of people. Today I spoke to a lady from Round Rock, who’s only been quilting for a short time but what love she has for the craft. I guess you could say that about any of us. I mean this is a quilting blog. But seriously, quilting is something that touches people at their core. For me, when I create a quilt it’s almost like having a child. I start off with an idea of what I think it’s going to look like. Then as it develops it takes on a life of its own. It gets influenced by the people I meet during its development and before you know it. It is all finished and ready to leave the nest. Then sometimes (only sometimes) I turn all crazy mother-in-law; should I give this person my quilt? Are they going to love and take care of it the way it should be cared for? Then I realize, this is a business and I’m crazy. So, I call my customer or give the quilt as a gift. Maybe this was a little too much information, a little too early in this blog. However, quilters also have a great sense of humor. – Piece out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment